Contest Overview For (What to Expect):
At the 25th Annual NGA Northwest Natural Spring Show
For Saturday May 6th, 2017
Contest Check-In: (begins at 7:00am)
- Competitors will receive a Urinalysis Waiver with their name and assigned competitor number
- Bodybuilder competitors will be weighed & will submit music to contest staff
- Figure, Bikini, and Men’s Physique competitors will be measured for height
- Read and sign your Urinalysis test waiver form
- Present your valid NGA card if asked
- You will receive your goodie bag (which includes your competitor number badge to wear onstage) in exchange for your signed copy of you Urinalysis Waiver.
Competitor Meeting: (approximately 8:00am, after check-in is complete)
- General information will be given, including order of events and any last-minute changes
- If the morning order of events differs from the evening, the order of events for both will be announced. Please make sure you know the order of events for both.
- Schedules will be posted in the back stage area
- Explanation of requirements and demonstration of required poses
- Ask questions that you have
- Know what order your class is going out on stage
- Allow yourself enough time to prepare your suit, makeup, apply /touch-up your color, and pump up back stage.
- At the appropriate time the head judge will call out the first class to the stage. As a competitor this is your time to shine. The morning prejudging determines how well you do. Overall rounds, mixed pairs and best posing routine are decided in the evening; all other placings are decided in the morning.
- The morning prejudging will be your biggest opportunity to show yourself on stage, and you should encourage your friends and family to come and watch. Prejudging can be an exhausting task, and a competitor can be on stage for quite a long time. But it is this time that the competitor will be taken through their turns, switched around with other competitors, and be compared to their fellow competitors – more onstage time than in the evening. The evening show is just what it describes: it is an evening “show” for the audience.
Evening Show Prep: (4pm)
- Competitors: Please be at the contest venue by 4pm
- Those chosen for a urinalysis test will be tested at this time:
- Selected competitors will follow instructions from the urinalysis technician,
- Those tested will be required to inspect the specimen bottle assigned to them, along with initialing the specimen bottle security seal.
- Competitors who are chosen must provide the necessary sample needed to thoroughly complete a urine test. Each competitor chosen for urinalysis testing must produce a required specimen before taking the stage in the evening event.
Evening Show: (5pm)
- Bodybuilder competitors: By class, each will perform his/her routine and by introduced to the audience
- Figure/Bikini/Physique competitors: By class, each will be introduced as they walk out on stage and perform their T-walk (Figure and Bikini), Male Model Walk (for Men’s Physique) lining up at the back line of the stage. After all of the competitors have come out they will then exit the stage where the top five will line up behind the curtain and take center stage once more for awards.
- First place winners of all open divisions will compete for the overall title; please be ready to take the stage when that time comes.
We hope to run a very fun and efficient contest in a timely manner. If at any time you need something, or have a question please feel free to ask one of the contest staff. If they cannot help you they will find someone who can.
Remember, this is your time to shine and when you are on stage we want you to shine, with confidence, poise, grace, and smiling. Stand tall, shake off those nerves and show your friends and family what you’ve got! Some of you have trained for over six months for this opportunity. It is our wish that you enjoy yourself and have a chance to meet the other competitors at this event. We thank you for attending this show and hope it is one of your best contest experiences yet!
Allen Bowlden, Northwest Productions
atbowlden (at) msn.com